[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 148 and HP Server with SmartArray 5i controller

Edward Martinez mindbender_1 at live.com
Thu Feb 3 16:12:28 UTC 2011

On 02/03/11 01:25, Dmitry G. Kozhinov wrote:
> I see no reason to not release the same security fixes/updates for
> Live DVD distribution.
> Would someone clarify the situation?
>
> On 03.02.2011 6:44, Edward Martinez wrote:
>> I think the OI devs have decided,  the  "server text installer
>> images"  CD   will be mad for   production servers, since they  will
>> be issuing
>>     updates( security, bug fixes, etc) for it,  not for  the liveDVD
>> desktop/developer release.

Hi,
  the liveDVD  contains more software then the "server text installer
images" CD
  it appears OI devs will be focus issuing updates only to ON and a
handful of selected packages that
  are server based, gnome,firefox,thunderbird,etc are  not listed.

      What we'd provide

The release would be aimed for February, and titled "2011.02". It would
be based
on oi_148. We would only provide the Text Installer and Automated Installer
ISOs.

We would provide security and critical bug fixes only for:

1. OS/Net (The core OS consolidation)
2. A limited set of server oriented packages that have the greatest
usage and
attack "surface area". The initial list I can think of includes:

    * OpenSSL
    * Sendmail
    * Perl 5.8.4
    * Python 2.6