[OpenIndiana-discuss] Create a zone on OI148

Deano deano at rattie.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 17:07:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to create a zone but it keeps failing...

Machine is a fresh install of 147, then
pkg image_update to 148,
Few mini admin tasks (set Primary Administrator, took a snapshot etc.)
Then tried to create zones
Zfs create rpool/export/zones
Zonecfg -z dev-zone
zonecfg:dev-zone> create
zonecfg:dev-zone> set zonepath=/export/zones/dev-zone
zonecfg:dev-zone> verify
zonecfg:dev-zone> commit
zonecfg:dev-zone> exit
deano at chicco:~$ pfexec zoneadm -z dev-zone install
A ZFS file system has been created for this zone.
   Publisher: Using openindiana.org (http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/ ).
   Publisher: Using opensolaris.org (http://pkg.openindiana.org/legacy/).
       Image: Preparing at /export/zones/dev-zone/root.
       Cache: Using /var/pkg/download.
Sanity Check: Looking for 'entire' incorporation.
  Installing: Core System (output follows)
pkg: No solution was found to satisfy constraints
ERROR: failed to install package

Tried lots of combinations, setting zone net parameters, different zonepath
and zfs bits but always fails to install the core packages.

Never done zones before, so perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but the
existing howtos and guides I could find seem to indicate this used to work
on oSol?

Thanks for your help,
Deano

deano at cloudpixies.com