[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to set the default publisher on a repository?

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Sun Jan 16 22:11:15 UTC 2011

I'm using Solaris 11 Express, attempting to send an IPS package to
a local repository.  I first configured the repository with:

    # svccfg -s application/pkg/server setprop pkg/readonly = false
    # svcadm refresh application/pkg/server
    # svcadm enable application/pkg/server

When I try to use `pkgbuild' to send the package to it, I get this
error:

    ## Packaging complete.
    Calling script /usr/local/src/packages/PKGMAPS/scripts/...
    pkgsend: 'open' failed; unable to initiate transaction:
    http protocol error: code: 400 reason: Bad Request
    Additional Details:

    This operation requires that a default publisher has been set or that a publisher be specified in the FMRI 'pkg:/...

Likewise, when I point my web browser at http://localhost:80, it says:

    This package repository is empty or no default publisher has been set.

How do I set the default publisher on this repository?