[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] Proposal: OpenIndiana Stable Branch

Dmitry G. Kozhinov dima at desktopfay.com
Tue Jan 18 14:53:49 UTC 2011

Hi Gabriel,

I am using GUI for the following:

- Start/stop services such as Web and FTP daemons. I do not know if Web
interface exists for this task;

- Unzip files from a flash drive and copy them to desired locations
(such as Web and FTP document roots); Change access mode for the files.
Drag-drop and right-click. All requires mouse only.

Of course I could learn a couple of commands to do all that via
command-line, but have no time to do that. Why bother if there are GUI
and mouse? They were invented to make life easier. Why not use them?

Yet my server is the only computer which I can use at work. I eventually
using web browser at it.

Regards,
Dmitry.