[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] Proposal: OpenIndiana Stable Branch

Mark mark0x01 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 07:28:40 UTC 2011

+1 to a minimal server version.

(late reply - two weeks of computer free holiday)

For web based management, it would make more sense to work on Webmin
modules to add the missing bits like zfs.

A postfix default mailer would also get my vote.

As my focus is on nfs/cifs storage systems, I currently use the standard
text installer, and a custom post-install script to bend it into shape.
I have previously used a fully custom install script and build
everything from scratch via network.

Currently I'm determined to achieve read-only USB/DOM boot with raidz
root. Having already ported the fishworks storage os to generic hardware
for fun, it should be too hard.