[OpenIndiana-discuss] Missing Intel NIC Driver on OpenIndiana oi_148

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 13:24:51 UTC 2011

Hi Okky,

The Intel e1000e driver update was released months after after OpenIndiana OI_148 came out so you don't have the support in the distro at the moment. Maybe, it can be added during the next respin or in IPS.

The e1000e v1.2.20 driver for OpenIndiana will provide the support. This driver supports Intel 82563/6/7, 82571/2/3/4/7/8/9, and 82583 PCI-E family of network controllers.

Most likely this support will come from the Illumos team...

~ Ken Mays