[OpenIndiana-discuss] System hangs on boot: No space on device msg.

Nick Faraday nickfaraday at live.com
Fri Jul 8 19:44:44 UTC 2011

Hi everyone!
This is my first post / install of OI and I just ran into a curious issue.  While trying to mount a NFS share (exported from the OI server) on a client box, the OI server crashed.  I got the black screen of death, what looked like a log dump, then the system restated.  It never came back up and I get the following error msg after I halt the boot:
svc.startd[9] Could not log for svc:/network/dns/mulitcast:default: write(30) failed with No space left on device?
I don't have anything else on the bood drive other than the OS so... I'm not sure what could be filling up the drive? Maybe a log file of some kind? I can't seem to delete anything regardless. It gives me a no space error when I try and delete anything?
Any suggestions?