[OpenIndiana-discuss] Howto (re)build the ONNV consolidation used oi_148?

Albert Lee trisk at opensolaris.org
Thu Mar 3 16:23:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:06 AM, wessels <wessels147 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to patch to kernel for additional console redirection support.
> But I'm having a hard time on finding which repo(s) and tags need to
> be selected to get the sources which were used for the ON
> consolidation as used in the downloadable OpenIndiana 148.
>
> Building onnv[tip] gives me various errors. So perhaps a different
> repo needs to be selected or perhaps the patches from
> mq_onnv-gate[oi_148] needs to be applied.

The oi_148 tag of mq_onnv-gate corresponds to onnv_148 in onnv-gate.

Newer builds as published on /dev-il are based directly on
illumos-gate tip. If the feature you're adding works correctly and is
a low-risk change, please consider adding it to illumos.

> Any help on setting this up would be much appreciated and would result
> in a new wiki page.

http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+ONNV currently has some useful
links, but if you'd like to flesh out the procedure it would be much
appreciated.

-Albert