[OpenIndiana-discuss] reboot/shutdown commands (Was: Re: OI boot problem)

Didier Carlier didier at lafalise.org
Mon Mar 28 17:30:04 UTC 2011

shutdown -r is ok, it used to be there in SunOS 4 (bsd based at the time) and -r is not used currently.
For reboot, I really does not understand why the subject is so hot...
init 6 is juste as short and reboot on Solaris has other options which are not there on Linux. And it does what it says.
Anyway, if someone switches from Linux to OpenIndiana there are so many other, more important things to learn that this debate looks really displaced (very personal opinion of course).