[OpenIndiana-discuss] reboot/shutdown commands (Was: Re: OI boot problem)

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Mon Mar 28 21:16:14 UTC 2011

Kevin J. Woolley writes:
> Agreed -- as far as I can tell, no one has suggested actually changing
> the existing shutdown/reboot.  The proposal was to put alternate
> versions in /usr/gnu/bin.

Well, I had suggested to change the default runlevel that shutdown
will change into when none is supplied on the command line.  Currently,
it will go into s aka single user mode, 6 aka graceful reboot might
be better.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt