[OpenIndiana-discuss] [zfs-discuss] zfs incremental send?

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 13:07:06 UTC 2011

???  It's trivial to interrupt and resume a ZFS send, full or incremental. It's a stream like any other. Just suspend the sending process.

Job control in the shell works, but for production use I'd suggest writing a small program pair to do this over a socket interface.  That would provide a nice framework for implementing flow control based on system loads and avoid any issues on the receiving end w/ timeouts in a remote shell.

Have Fun!
Reg