[OpenIndiana-discuss] Correct syntax for ZFS sharenfs 'no root squash' on OI 148

andy thomas andy at time-domain.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 14:40:55 UTC 2012

I've been trying to export a ZFS share on a OI 148 system to a Linux NFS
client system whose root needs read access to all files on the OI box.
I've tried variations of the zfs sharenfs command such as:

 	zfs set sharenfs='root=185.198.192.20' data/data
 	zfs set sharenfs='ro=root=185.198.192.20' data/data
 	zfs set sharenfs='root=backup.my-domain.com' data/data

etc, but root on the Linux box still cannot read files set by users on
the OI server with permissions like 600 (that is, -rw-------).

I've also tried using the mountvers=3 and vers=3 mount options on the
Linux box  but these don't fix the problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Andy