[OpenIndiana-discuss] Probably small question

Michael Zandstra michael at zandy.nl
Tue Aug 21 13:08:33 UTC 2012

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response. The GUI version won't work, since the device has a 4Gbyte SSD (which nets at 3.8Gbyte) and simply refuses to be installed on something that small. So it's a bit of a chicken or the egg dilemma.

I'll try with the packages as mentioned, but also saw SmartOS should have the drivers in the default image. I'm not sure as of yet, but maybe I'll try that one.

Further more, I'm very sure this thing won't break any speed-records. I'll try to add a small piece of the SSD (1GB or 500Mb) as L2ARC though, maybe it will speed it up a bit.

Regards,

Michael

Op 21 Aug 2012, om 2:51 PM heeft Jim Klimov het volgende geschreven: