[OpenIndiana-discuss] Tentative listing : Webcam experience with OI.

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 18:11:03 UTC 2012

Hi,
for those of us who work with OI as a desktop.
Suddenly today, I just noticed that I've been using my thinkpad running
Debian in the past months just to chat with my colleagues and never thought
that my webcam might work on the lab workstation running OI 151a7...
But I works perfectly in Ekiga for resolutions  < 640x480, after there are
some glitches which could be fixed :) Just enough to work :)

So here is an attempt to list the working webcams:

- Logitech Portable Webcam C905, Detected YES, Video YES up to 640x480,
Sound YES
- Logitech Quickcam V-UAM37, Detected YES, Video NO, Sound YES

If this email gets replies, I would like to list the supported webcams on a
wiki page.

Best,

Aurelien
LARCHER Aurélien            | KTH, School of Computer Science and
Communication
Work: +46 (0) 8 790 71 42   | Lindstedtsvägen 5, Plan 5
Mob.: +46 (0) 7 09 46 40 17 | 100 44 Stockholm, SWEDEN