[OpenIndiana-discuss] Cyrus SASL ver 2 package missing binary files?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Thu Jan 5 03:44:50 UTC 2012

Hello Gary,

Thank you for your reply/comments.

I don't have a lot of previous experience with SASL.  Please let me
explain what I was fishing for here in more detail.

In the past, when I needed to compile a special version of OpenSSL, many
times applications that I compiled, that linked to that special version
of OpenSSL sometimes had conflicts with the Sun supplied OpenSSL.  But I
couldn't get rid of the Sun OpenSSL because there were many dependencies
built against the Sun OpenSSL.  So I had to work out those issues.

I have a similar concern with the OpenIndiana SASL, vs one I would
compile on my own.

Sorry I didn't make that more plain when I wrote my original email message.

Jerry