[OpenIndiana-discuss] Any HP Servers recommendation for Openindiana (Capacity Server) ?

Svavar Örn Eysteinsson svavar at fiton.is
Fri Jan 6 14:15:27 UTC 2012

Thanks Jason.
That is actually what I was looking at.
HP D2600 disk box, with Procurve DL380 G7 and buy somewhere else the LSI
SAS 9205-8e HBA
I called our HP reseller and the asked about the D2600 box, it's about
$5000 with tax (as the currency is now).

> I strongly advise not using the P410 in your box. The write performance is
> dismal with Solaris, at least w/o the write back cache. It is much better
> under linux in the same configuration.

As the DL380 G7 has embedded SmartArray P410i and P411 will there be
some issues running Solaris, or can I just disable
the controller do get regular disk access ?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Svavar