[OpenIndiana-discuss] Suitable Dev box to replace Ultra 80

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Mon Jan 23 13:22:40 UTC 2012

If you like old sun hardware you could pick up an ultra 40 or 20 used.
I put a 3ghz dual core in my ultra 20 and 8 gbs of ram + 4 hard drives.
The 40 has much better options.  I also have a 4x2 core (885s I believe)
v40z with 32gb of ram I picked up for 500 dollars a couple years ago.
That is my openindiana sunray server.  Follow the instructions on the
sunray users forum and it works great.  No kiosks though.  Sadly I have
had to retire my old blade1000 due to the same kind of stuff you
mention.  I use the ultra 20 as a file server and my desktop.  08:21am
up 61 days 21:53