[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mounting smb IN OI

michelle michelle at msknight.com
Sat Jul 7 21:06:08 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

I'm used to sharing from OI and mounting them on Linux/Windows boxes,
but now I'm having to do things the other way around.

I have some external NAS boxes, over which I don't have too much control.

I need to tell OI to mount the SMB shares so that I can then transfer
files to them, but I'm obviously not getting the syntax right.

Let's say that the NAS is on "192.168.0.100", that the share is named
"nasshare" and that authentication is by user name, "myuser" and
password "mypassword" - how would you construct the command?

I have a feeling that the standard "mount" command won't do this, and
that I need to load another service, and probably somehow get the system
to ensure that this service is loaded on each boot.

I'd be grateful for any help on this.