[OpenIndiana-discuss] ipfilter frustrations again

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Wed Jul 18 15:11:26 UTC 2012

hmmm

Think I found it...  maybe.   I made sure ipfilter was down and did the

|  svcadm refresh ipfilter:default

then started ipfilter.  Now it is golden.  Time to write myself some notes...

On 07/18/12 09:58 AM, Michael Stapleton wrote:
> A look at the service script might help isolate the problem
>
> more /lib/svc/method/ipfilter
>
> There are some interesting comments in it that might be related.
>
> Mike
>
> On Wed, 2012-07-18 at 09:34 -0400, Daniel Kjar wrote:
>
>> Yes, and that does it but then I have to go in and remove all the quick
>> statements that it automagically generates.
>>
>> What I don't understand is when I check the settings, everything looks
>> right..
>>
>> |# svccfg -s ipfilter:default listprop firewall_config_default/policy
>> firewall_config_default/policy  astring  custom

>> firewall_config_default/custom_policy_file  astring  /etc/ipf/ipf.conf|
>>
>> but....
>>
>> I get this
>>
>> [root at bio2:~]>ipfstat -i
>> pass in log quick proto tcp from any to any port = 45139 flags S/FSRPAU
>> keep state
>> pass in log quick proto tcp from any to any port = lockd flags S/FSRPAU
>> keep state
>> pass in log quick proto udp from any to any port = lockd
>> pass in log quick proto tcp from any to any port = 59045 flags S/F
>>
>> If I force it I get that plus my ipf.conf file and if I reboot I lose
>> the changes to the properties of the ipfilter svc crap.  As I said this
>> is on a brand spanking new and clean unaltered 151a5 installation.  This
>> is a x2200m2 not that it matters.
>>

>> On 07/18/12 09:16 AM, Lou Picciano wrote:
>>> Daniel,
>>>

>>> Yes, have found ipfilter to be quite fiddly... Have you tried to manually reload the filter rules with something like:
>>> ipf -f /path/to/ipf.conf ? (or, similarly: ipnat -f (etc) ???
>>>

>>> Lou Picciano

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson