[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg problem in upgrading from a3 to a5

Kostas Oikonomou ko at research.att.com
Wed Jul 25 12:11:23 UTC 2012

Hi Milan,

I think "oi-sfe" is just a name (alias) I had given to the
"sfe" publisher when I set it up the first time.  Later I
must have changed it to "sfe".  You notice that "oi-sfe" has
version 147 packages.

But I didn't know that the system would use my alias for the
publisher and thus create this problem.

Right now I have

$ pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                             TYPE     STATUS   URI
openindiana.org                       origin   online
http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/
sfe                                   origin   online
http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe/
solarisstudio                         origin   online
https://pkg.oracle.com/solarisstudio/release/
$

				Kostas