[OpenIndiana-discuss] Best place for support on initial install of OI?

Robbie Crash sardonic.smiles at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 18:42:02 UTC 2012

As a general rule, it seems like this is the place for long-term questions
that need to be worked out, and the IRC channel on Freenode is where people
go to ask questions with immediate need.

As for your problem, I don't know enough to help out. I'd venture into IRC
for that.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Dave Monk <superscapesysman at hotmail.com>wrote:

> I"m looking for some basic support on the initial install of OI and
> wondered if someone could point me to the best place?  Wasn't sure if this
> was, or perhaps the IRC channel #openindiana but I'd like to ask a simple
> question regarding the initial install (have tried both DVD and USB install
> and the install appears to run, then just halts asking for a username for
> system maintenance)...

Seconds to the drop, but it seems like hours.

http://www.eff.org/
<http://www.eff.org/>http://creativecommons.org/