[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help installing OI 151a on IBM x366.

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Jun 5 22:27:26 UTC 2012

2012-06-06 2:08, Christopher X. Candreva написал:

> I am trying to install OI 151a on an IBM x366. This machine has the
> Serveraid 8i SAS backplane, with a legacy IDE DVD rom drive.
>
> The machine will boot the DVD, but then gives a stream of errors ...

You can also try the remote management - if there is a way to
pass it an ISO image from your mgmt workstation (at least some
servers do have "Virtual DVD-ROM" via IPMI).

Alternatively, you can try networked boot (PXE) and an AI image
(auto-install) of OpenIndiana, but you'd have to read up on
installing the installation server, serving AI images and all
that. I did not do AI installs, so can't help directly ;(

If you do manage that, and if you find the Wiki instructions
lacking, please consider updating them so the next people know
what to do :)

I know of these pages:
*
http://wiki.openindiana.org/display/oi/Automated+Installer+and+Networked+Installation