[OpenIndiana-discuss] intermittent network? (rge device)

Matt Connolly matt.connolly.au at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 22:28:35 UTC 2012

I have oi-151a4 running on an Intel D510 (atom) motherboard for a
storage server at home, and it has an rge interface. In the days of
OpenSolaris there were some problems with the driver which sound
similar to your description. I haven't seen those problems since it
was openSolaris-133 i think. Certainly not since OpenIndiana.

My driver shows up in `prtconf -v` as:

dev_path=/pci at 0,0/pci8086,27d0 at 1c/pci8086,d615 at 0:rge0

I take it the problem is with the motherboard interface (rge0)? Are
there any bios/firmware updates for your machine?

Best,
Matt