[OpenIndiana-discuss] unable to start nfs

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Mon May 7 18:30:06 UTC 2012

Tim Dunphy wrote:
>  root at openindiana:~# svcadm enable -r nfs/server
> svcadm: svc:/milestone/network depends on svc:/network/physical, which
> has multiple instances.
>

> Now, I do have two physical links that I am currently using to create
> a link aggregate:

That message has nothing to do with the network interfaces.  It's a
message about the ":default" and ":nwam" instances of network/physical.
 It's a service, not link, message.

The simplest thing to do is to ignore the message, but that's probably
not the right answer here.

I think the right answer, assuming that NFS isn't working for you, is to
look into what's wrong with the service.  Start with "svcs -x" and "svcs
-l nfs/server".