[OpenIndiana-discuss] sata hot plug problem (ahci?) + openindiana crash

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue May 22 19:36:44 UTC 2012

2012-05-22 23:29, Jim Klimov wrote:
> There are workarounds, likely posted in archives of zfs-discuss
> list and many other sources. If I google anything good up, I'll
> post a link here :)

What do you know? I posted some myself, and found those first ;)

* One more possible solution (component) would be this:

1) Set your root disk to AHCI or whatever you need
2) Boot from livecd
3) Import your rpool and mount the root filesystem into /a for example
4) Update device links:
# devfsadm -r /a -Cv
5) Update the miniroot
# bootadm update-archive -R /a
6) Export the rpool
7) Reboot and hope this helps ;)
//Jim

* Alternately, see a different procedure here:
   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.os.solaris.opensolaris.zfs/46864