[OpenIndiana-discuss] [discuss] Anyone use gcj?

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:34:09 UTC 2012

On 11/13/12 01:51 AM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2012, Peter Tribble wrote:
>
>> (I don't think java is enabled in the gcc on either Solaris or OI, and
>> I haven't seen any signs that it's been missed, but I think it's
>> worth asking the question.)
>
> I would certainly agree that GNU Java is not needed in a standard
> build.  It is not included with Ubuntu Linux's GCC.
Maybe then it should continue to be available in a separate package?
Like in Ubuntu.
Or gcc without gcj should be made as separate package?
How it is solved in Solaris11 userland?

I think it is also a question not to diverge with no big reason from
possible compatibility problems with S11.
Openindiana is Illumos+patches + Oracle open source consolidations +
local OI packages + SFE
as I understand.