[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mountpoint tiering with priorities

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Oct 1 10:11:38 UTC 2012

   On a dual-boot box I can mount another OS's partition with
FUSE and moderate performance. I can also boot that other OS
in a VM and share it over a networking protocol and can have
better performance (and it is unsafe to access the partition
directly when the guest OS is booted anyway).

   So, I wonder if it is possible to set up (automounter?) to
mount the network share from the VM if available, alternately
mount the partition over FUSE, into the same mountpoint on
the host OS (OI).

Thanks,
//Jim