[OpenIndiana-discuss] Migration to HP N40L

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Fri Oct 26 19:55:03 UTC 2012

Hi Michelle!

> However, during boot it start to get a small fraction of red line on
> the graphical loading bar and then the machine reboots. (I get
> beyond the installation history list)

You should disable graphics, and enable verbose boot.  Maybe this
gives you more information.

Edit the "kernel" line in the Grub menu and add a "-v" before
the -B arguments, and set the console to text:

  kernel$ /platform/i86pc/kernel/$ISADIR/unix -v -B $ZFS-BOOTFS,console=text

Then see how far you can get.

HTH -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"