[OpenIndiana-discuss] "OpenIndiana lead Alasdair Lumsden resigns"

Open Indiana openindiana at out-side.nl
Sun Sep 2 09:29:48 UTC 2012

I guess i sparked this discussion about the GUI. Not that I want a GUI, but
if you read the comments on Alasdair Lumsden resign then most people that
call OI "a stupid OS" are the people that only use a GUI to do things. ;-)

But based on the number of reactions on this subject I fear that there a
just a very few OI users. Or the rest must have been sleeping the last days.

So I would suggest that we start some kind of voting/.. somewhere on the
internet. Maybe in this mailgroup or on the OI website.
I suggest the following questions:
1. Who wants to help develop OI?
2. What skills do you (the voter) have that can help OI?
3. What kind of software do you want to have running on OI?
4. What kind of hardware/drivers do you want to have running on OI?
5. Have you ever created a "HOWTO" for OI? If "YES" where is it?
6. Have you ever found a useful "HOWTO" for OI? If "YES" where is it?
7. Have you ever created a useful "software package" for OI? If "YES" where
is it?
8. Do you use OI in a commercial environment?
9. ....

There must be more useful questions that I forget. But if we start to gather
the above information we already have more (centralized) than we have right
now.