[OpenIndiana-discuss] xfce 4.8 - correction

Hugh Coomes hcoomes at insightbb.com
Sun Sep 2 16:25:47 UTC 2012

Has anyone successfully installed and used xfce 4.8 from the sfe
repository pkg.opensolaris.org/sfe/ ?
               openindiana.org

(Well, it was a long day yesterday.)

I tried some months ago without success.  I see many of the xfce
packages have been updated recently, so I thought I would try again.  No
success this time either.  Among other problems, the default panel
configuration is not installed, and any panel configuration I make is
not saved at log off, which makes it useless.

I have gone back to xfce 6.2 in frustration, which I have been using
without major problems for some time.