[OpenIndiana-discuss] PATH Environment Variable:

Armin Maier ma2412 at gmx.de
Mon Sep 3 09:06:17 UTC 2012

Hello Indiana's :)

I have configured Openindiana to be able to login as root without first
login as an unprivileged user and after that run sudo. Now i had a
problem within a Script (chmod command) and found out that the $PATH
variable is different from signing in with "sudo su". I know the reason
is the "~/.profile" Script where "/usr/gnu/bin" is added in front of the
PATH variable, but what is the reason for this behavior? Until now i was
not aware of that but i can imagine that this could make  troubles in
scripts scheduled by cron for example.