[OpenIndiana-discuss] isc-dhcp client

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Thu Sep 6 13:58:38 UTC 2012

Au contraire mon frere. :)

I packaged the server up and I'm waiting for the thumbs up to push it
into the main branch.  I was wondering if I should include the server.

As for the client on Solaris, my interpretation of the text tells me
that it may work but since it exists on Solaris they don't include the
client.  This is why I asked if anyone had attempted it or knew why it
wouldn't work.  I'd have to dig into the dhcp client code to see what
would it take to make it compatible.  I might be enticed to do this if
others have a similar need.  The alternative is to implement prefix
delegation in the existing client which I've already been told would be
difficult.

Gary