[OpenIndiana-discuss] stty source code

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Fri Sep 7 14:41:14 UTC 2012

Reginald Beardsley wrote:
> I don't want any inbound connections.  But the documentation I read suggested that one had to setup ttymon on the port.  Possibly for no reason other than, "This is what I did when it finally worked."

Where'd you read that?  Even when it's active, ttymon just camps out on
the /dev/term/ (dial-in only) nodes, meaning that it'll stay asleep
while you do your work on /dev/cua/.

And it's not active on any of the normal serial ports by default and I
believe that no reasonable person should make it active.

The main blocking item in removing it is making sure that the system
console service still works right after removal.