[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dell PowerEdge R320 with Perc H710 install problems

Roel_D openindiana at out-side.nl
Wed Sep 26 06:57:38 UTC 2012

I finally got some screenshots of the installprocess on the R320.

It is not only the RAID controller that gives problems, there is more..

The Broadcom networkcards aren't recognized and I tried to install the new
Solaris drivers from the Broadcom website.

Main problem with this is that there are several drivers for different
solaris versions. Only the BRCMbge-Solaris_11-i386-15.2.2-dbg package would
install.

I also attach the printout of the installprocess for the BRCMbge package. It
will not install unless i de-install the existing bge driver. With the
original OI bge driver the nic's aren't recognized.

As you can see in the screenshot a lot of hardware is not recognized and I
can't install OI in any form. So this is bumpy road to maybe nowhere.

If anyone can help or has tips I appreciate it!