[OpenIndiana-discuss] failed upgrade from OpenSolaris to OpenIndiana

baldyeti e_fax_t at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 08:20:20 UTC 2012

Jim Klimov wrote, On 2012-09-25 14:03:

>> Could someone help me
>> *) reclaim the disk space that got eaten by downloaded packages
>> (hos to purge these?)
>
> Check in /var/pkg(/tmp), and note that clones or rather origin
> snapshots of rootfs might reference these unpurged files forever.

Thanks Jim. Thereunder the two biggest subfolders are
	pkg		(380MB)
	download	(1GB)
Is this supposedly all safe to just delete ?
Isn't there some purge option to a pkg command, that'd be cleaner ?

>> Is OI supposed to run wherever OS did? Then my HW should be
>> supported and it might be simpler to install the latest OI ISO?
>
> You can boot the LiveCD/LiveUSB to check if your HW is still
> supported - there may have been some drivers that were 3rd-party
> and/or otherwise proprietary and not published by Sun, or that
> became outdated and excluded from illumos-gate.

I'll try the live snapshot, but since it's over 700MB
I have to get a DVD-RW first.

Thanks again for your reply.