[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mitigating the performance impact of scrub

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Fri Sep 28 05:28:18 UTC 2012

Reginald Beardsley Wrote:

> This is new territory. I've never had the ability to
> check the disk integrity before.  So what is a sensible
> scrub schedule?  Monthly?

Well, I do it by the book (I also service my car on the manufacturers
intervals [but not the dealers]). I scrub once per month. I have an
extremely write heavy batch work load. The batch runs every minute and if
left to the defaults, resilvers and scrubs take days and weeks,
respectively.

I had to tune the other way to speed them up... Now resilvers and scrubs
complete in a few hours.

https://broken.net/uncategorized/zfs-performance-tuning-for-scrubs-and-resil
vers/