[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI_151a7 install grumble

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Fri Feb 1 02:18:54 UTC 2013

I know that you have at least (2) options.

When doing the zfs send, you can specify the version number

Plan B is to rsync your data

Backup and restore if you have tape.

I am sure there are several others, but this just off the top of my head.

There are almost always options.

Jerry

On 01/31/13 07:31 PM, Reginald Beardsley wrote:

> This raises a good question. Can one send/recv between instances
running different versions of zfs? I'm guessing that one would not be
able to send a filesystem from OI_151a7 to Solaris 10 U8.