[OpenIndiana-discuss] Migrate from linux to openindiana

Nathan Kunkee nkunkee42 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 13 04:27:42 UTC 2013

> Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 01:37:59 +0100
> From: gigli at swipnet.se
> To: openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
> Subject: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Migrate from linux to openindiana
>
> Hi
>
> Seeking some help here. Tried a couple of days to migrate from linux to
> openindiana. Today i use ubuntu with zfs, i am very
> impressed with zfs. OI with napp-it was a great experience. But i would
> like to use my server for more tasks.
>
> I would like it to serve as tftp server so i can pxeboot
> my other clients with clonezilla. I would like mysql-server
> for xbmc-database, use it as a dns-server with a local domain

http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/doc.html
dnsmasq may meet your needs for two of those. It provides a local, forwarding DNS server,
and can be setup to answer TFTP/BOOTP/DHCP requests as well. I've had luck building
it on OpenIndiana before. The source distribution has a SMF manifest in the contrib/Solaris10
directory.

Hope that helps,
Nathan