[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 1.57 on VMWare randomness

Sašo Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 20:49:18 UTC 2013

On 01/26/2013 09:21 PM, Roel_D wrote:
> Well no-one told me that it changed ( the init part) and i still have some solaris 10 and 11 servers so it's a habbit to use the init commands.
>
> I will check these new commands asap.

Check your Solaris 10 manpages for "init" - that one already includes
SMF, i.e. "init X" has been made obsolete:

>From the init(1M) manpage:
     The run levels and system booting descriptions  given  below
     are  provided for compatibility purposes only, and otherwise
     made obsolete by the service management facility, smf(5).

Cheers,
--
Saso