[OpenIndiana-discuss] [UNSUBSCRIBE]

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Fri Jun 7 10:36:55 UTC 2013

> If your purpose is to provide a distribution with an up to date
> illumos at its core and the
> applications everybody expects on desk/lap-tops easily installable,
> then I consider your
> work as a really important and I would be ready helping you to live of
> it.
> But make it possible to easily install all available applications,
> whether provided by openindiana,
> opencsw or yourself directly. One of the missing ones seems to be
> asterisk, by the way.

asterisk?

Now that things seem to be more in the direction of gcc, you'll get
asterisk eventually. The main problem with getting asterisk on Solaris
was that its code made a lot of use of gcc'isms that Sun Studio CC does
not handle.

Do you need hardware support or just asterisk itself with sip support?