[OpenIndiana-discuss] [UNSUBSCRIBE]

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Sat Jun 8 14:03:18 UTC 2013

Kinda hard when I myself didn't exactly get a great experience on that score. I've helped out with getting the samba package updated from that horrible 3.5.7/8 release to newer ones both with providing specs and running the builds myself being my own guinea pig. The result? You still have 3.5.8 in oi151a7. Okay this is OI.

Just how are we to help out with issues within illumos itself? I've had Bayard or Gordon look at an issue where kernel cifs was only working with \\ipaddr but not with \\shortname but due to my being the only reported case and the problem being difficult it got put aside as not worth it. I still the snoops for anyone who wants to have a crack at it...

I cannot afford to feed Martin. Nor do I have sparc boxes and I run OI. Just what do you propose that any of us can do? I am sorry if I have no solution to offer but short of a donation now and then for something I do not use, there is not much else and even that won't keep Martin here.