[OpenIndiana-discuss] 3737 days of uptime

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Wed Mar 20 19:06:19 UTC 2013

long uptimes are not hard to achieve. i bet if i got my old sparc ipx out from college days and booted it the system would report about thirteen years if uptime. i think i last used it in the summer of 2000.

i "shut it down" last time by putting it to sleep.  when it boots, assuming battery is good shape, it should have all that elapsed time as uptime.

but you right, i didnt apply any patches. something tells me its as secure as the day i packed it away :)

j.

Sent from Jasons' hand held