[OpenIndiana-discuss] Passing USB and optical media from the machine running vncviewer to the host displaying on an Xvnc server?

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Tue Mar 26 20:39:56 UTC 2013

With SunRays, there's some capability of enabling users to access media
and stuff connected via USB on the thin client on the SRS server.

Is there any way at all to do something similar, enabling a remote host
being accessed via vncviewer+Xvnc to read and write to a USB stick so on
the vncviewer PC?? And maybe even play audio on the PC??

I know one could export a file system via nfs or smb/cifs, but I mean in
a way that doesn't need the displaying PC to cooperate quite so much.