[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sonicle XStreamOS repo and XStream Desktop in progress

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Wed May 15 19:38:10 UTC 2013

Every suggestion is taken seriously in consideration!
Most of them are already in our plans or are already there, but many are what we were lookin for!
Your points:
1. I think we will start from OI graphical installer as a base, and add requested stuff. But I will
surely check your suggested base.
2. That's exactly our aim, for a desktop distro: you just install it and start working :)
3. Well, network security is built-in the kernel, but I will think how to manage ipfilter (something
we know well at Sonicle) to secure the machine when going public.
4. Yes. ZFS management at user's fingertip is surely something. Apple's TimeMachine is just another
old-style snapshot scheme.
5. OpenOffice and LibreOffice are in our schedule
6. I'll look at Cinnamon. LXDE is tiny and working, even though a little too "windows 7" like. We're
both considering full gnome 3, and a port of Unity too...but LXDE is ok to start with.
Gabriele Bulfon - Sonicle S.r.l.
Tel +39 028246016 Int. 30 - Fax +39 028243880
via Santa Maria Valle 3 - 20123 - Milano - Italy
http://www.sonicle.com