[OpenIndiana-discuss] Offtopic question to old SPARC users

Michael Stapleton michael.stapleton at techsologic.com
Sun Nov 24 02:49:18 UTC 2013

My understanding is that the time is read from the NVRAM chip only once
when booting, then the time is updated by the kernel clock() function by
interrupt 10 while running.
High interrupt rates could cause the clock interrupt to be missed,
slowing time. A lot of serial activity could cause it.

I also do not see how low power could slow down the timer assuming it
uses a crystal oscillator.

All that to say that I bet it is not related to the NVRAM chip.

Mike