[OpenIndiana-discuss] VNC connections to Hipster

Dave Koelmeyer dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz
Mon Aug 25 08:18:27 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

Before I go delving into why, has anyone else encountered issues with
using Remmina (on Ubuntu) to connect over VNC to Hipster? On my old
oi_151a8 box one simply enabled the VNC server in Gnome (/"Preferences
-> Desktop Sharing"/), pointed Remmina to it without any special sauce
and it just worked. On my Hipster box (installed using the latest
Hipster ISO and updated via the current Hipster repository), attempting
the same spits out an error: /"TLS handshake failed: A TLS packet with
unexpected length was received"/. Doesn't appear to be the client
either, based on seeing the same thing irrespective of which Ubuntu box
I connect from.

Is anyone else seeing this?

--
Dave Koelmeyer