[OpenIndiana-discuss] Low low end server

Gregory Youngblood gregory at youngblood.me
Fri Feb 7 17:33:29 UTC 2014

I have an N40l that I built up to 16 gb ecc memory, 4 3tb red wd drives, and a 4 2.5 bay in the CD slot with an Adaptec card for the other four drives. I am using two ssd drives for is and have two bays open (2.5). It works very well with Linux. It runs OI very well too other than I have not got around to working around the outdated Adaptec driver preventing the 2.5 drives from working under ok (and booting). Total price was about 1500 for everything.

Sent from my HTC One on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network