[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox, OI 151a8 and vboxflt problem

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Mon Feb 17 05:57:01 UTC 2014

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:22 AM, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> On 14-02-12 06:55 PM, Carl Brewer wrote:
>> On 13/02/2014 12:27 PM, Geoff Nordli wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Carl.
>>>
>>> I have a few OI+VBox boxes in production right now and I haven't
>>> experienced any networking failure.  The only part isn't supported is
>>> the crossbow network stack, you need to use the streams version. They
>>> have absolutely been rock solid.
>>
>> I haven't done anything non-standard with this box, AFAIK. How would
>> I know if it was using crossbow?
>>

> I don't even think crossbow will install on OI, it fails during install

It won't. And if you trick it, it still won't work. vbox crossbow is
using calls that do not exist in 151 and were added in 154 or something
IIRC. Those new calls enable vbox to automatically setup a vnic to use.
Wish they would also allow for the option of manual configuration for
illumos based hosts so what we can also use crossbow albeit without
automatic configuration.