[OpenIndiana-discuss] Boot hang on Supermicro X10SLM-F

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Thu Jul 24 07:29:07 UTC 2014

I have a boot problem on a SuperMicro MB X10SLM-F with oi_151a9.
If I powerof the system with 'init 5' and then poweron again via the Power Button the boot hangs or stops anywhere.
A boot with -v shows last line:

pseudo-device: pool0
pool0 is /pseudo/pool at 0

If I reset then via Button or Smash 'reset system1/pwrmgtsvc1' than the system boots without any problems. The next line after pool0 is than

pseudo-device: fssnap0
fssnap0 is /pseudo/fssnap at 0

Interesting is also last shows an immediate 'system down' after 'system boot' which is definitly earlier then I reset the system:

reboot system down Thu Jul 24 08:00
reboot system boot Thu Jul 24 07:59

Has anybody an idea what is cause this behavior?