[OpenIndiana-discuss] New OI /dev release, release structure

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Oct 2 19:43:51 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2 Oct 2014, Nikola M. wrote:

> On 09/28/14 04:40 PM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
>> Hopefully some kind person with necessary knowlege and access will push an
>> updated bash package which works on 151a8/9 so that servers based on
>> OpenIndiana are no longer a disaster situation.
> It would imply that OI servers have automatic updates turned on and that is
> not exactly the case I think.

The system administrator would have to request the package update.
First, the package update needs to be available.

As an OI user, I am unable to tell who is/has produced OI and who is
still able to produce new packages and prepare releases.

I continue to hear about hipster but then I also hear that there is no
longer a useful path from 'dev' to 'hipster' and that 'hipster' is
more unstable.  I get the impression that 'hipster' mostly focuses on
X11 desktop and multimedia software.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn